Career Services offers ten signature Career Fairs and networking events per year, giving employers the ability to connect directly with Cal Poly students and alumni. Attending a Career Fair is also one of the most effective ways for you to gain visibility, build invaluable relationships on-campus, educate students about your company, advertise open positions and/or interview our talented students and alumni. Special rates are available for our non-profit and government partners.
How Do You Register For a Career Fair?
- Log into MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake (please see special instructions for first-time MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake users below).
- On the left-side navigation bar, click on "Fairs."
- Search for "Cal Poly" in the search bar and click on the career fair that you would like to register for.
- Once you complete the career fair registration, our office will need to review the details you provided.
- Within 5-7 business days you should expect an invoice from us. Please note that your registration is not complete until payment is made and job descriptions are posted and approved.
Important Notes About Registration For First-Time Handshake Users
For first-time users, you will need to create your personal account and link to your employer's Handshake page before you can register for the fair. (This is a one-time-only process.)
- Go to calpoly.joinhandshake.com/login
- Click on "Sign up for an Account" under the Handshake logo and then select "Employer" on the resulting page.
- To create your personal account, enter your information, email address, and create a password. Handshake will send you a confirmation email to verify your credentials.
- Check your email and click the link to confirm your account.
- Back in Handshake, follow the steps to set up your account, search for your employer and link to that account. (If your organization is not in Handshake, you will create its employer page.) Students and alumni will see these pages when searching in the system. You can also request access to Cal Poly during the sign-up process, notifying us that you would like to post jobs with us in the future.
- After you link to your employer or create your employer's account, you'll be on the home page of Handshake. On the left-side navigation bar, click on "Fairs." Search for "Cal Poly" on the resulting Career Fairs page, and click on our career fair to complete registration.
Important Notes About Virtual Career Fairs on MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake
Employers can register for virtual career fairs similarly to in-person career fairs. Once the employer's registration is approved by our office, employers are able to generate session schedules for representatives that will be present.
Students can learn about employers and share their profile in intimate group sessions or get 1:1 facetime with recruiters—all from their browser or Handshake’s mobile app. Each employer will be able to schedule the following during each virtual career fair:
- Five 30-minute group meetings that accommodate up to 50 students each. Multiple recruiters can attend, talk with students, and share their screen.
- 10-minute 1:1 meetings with students hosted by up to 15 recruiters. Each recruiter can set their own schedule and choose qualifications students must meet to attend.
In these sessions, employers will be identified as the Host, and they will be able to share their screen with participants. Employers will be able to see profiles and public resumes, as well as message the students they engage at the fair, making it easy to prepare for and follow up on all of their sessions. You can read more about the employer scheduling process here.
Check out these resources prior to the Career Fair to help you make the most of your Virtual Career Fair experience:
For questions or additional information on any of the Career Services Career Fairs listed below, please contact the Career Services Events Team or Soukita Thipsouvanh, senior event planner and career partners program coordinator, directly at 805-756-6094. You may also contact the Career Services Front Office directly at 805-756-2501.
Career Services is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons and provides services to our students and employers on a nondiscriminatory basis. If you need a disability-related accommodation or wheelchair access information, please contact the Career Services Events Team. Requests can be served more effectively if notice is provided at least 10 days before the event.