We are currently offering virtual AND in-person Information Sessions.
Information sessions are a great way to present to a group of students to share information about your company and your job/internship opportunities, and answer any questions our students may have about your company. Attendance typically ranges from 5-30 students for most sessions but may be more for larger/more prominent employers.
Career Services will market your information session to your desired student groups based on majors and academic year. We send direct emails to the target student population and reach out to relevant clubs to promote attendance at these events.
You can host a session in person or virtually, though in-person events tend to be the most successful. In-person sessions generally take place in the evening, Monday-Thursday to ensure that students are able to attend outside of their class schedule. You also have the option to invite alums to your event.
When conducting an interview session on campus, consider maximizing your visit by conducting on-campus interviews with students. Please see our On-Campus Interviewing page for more information.
Location and Amenities:
We will work with Campus Scheduling to secure a location on campus which includes the Career Services building (Bldg 124) in our Career Events Center (CEC, Rm 117) (see map below). All locations are equipped with Wi-Fi, an overhead LCD projector and screen with audio capability.
All fees for Information Sessions are non-refundable and due at the time of your registration.
- Virtual: $50 fee for all employers
- In-person: $200 for for-profit or $100 for non-profit/government employers
Please see our recruiting calendar for this year’s recruiting dates. Our Career Partners have exclusive access to hold info sessions during the week of career fairs. Please note that we require a two-week advance notice for all information session requests.
How to register for an Information Session on Handshake:
- Log in to your Handshake account
- Click the blue button "+Create an Event"
- Fill out the form:
- Event name: label as "(company name) In-Person Information Session” or “(company name) Virtual Information Session"
- Format: Select "On-campus: My company is hosting this event at a school" for all Information Sessions (including virtual)
- Host school: California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo
- Contact: your name
- Type: select the "Info Session" option. If you are doing a virtual session, do not click the virtual option.Still select “Info Session” option.
- Start date and end date are the same date
- Branding: Although adding your logo is optional, we highly recommend adding this to get your brand out in a visible way. Please fill in the description with the company and event information. The virtual link will also be in this area. We recommend attaching a flyer to your event.
- After you submit the request it will be processed once a location is secured. At that time you will be invoiced via Handshake.
- Once the invoice has been paid, your event on Handshake will be accepted and posted to our students. We will conduct event marketing one week prior to your event.
- Virtual Information Sessions: Please input your event link to the description and location sections a week before your session date. You can use your company's designated platform to create the virtual event.
Please contact Michelle Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-756-5350 if you have any questions.