Reach over 22,000 Cal Poly students and alumni by posting your positions on our free online job listing service, MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake
For questions, please give us a call at 805-756-5976.
Personal Household Jobs
To help you with the process of posting Household
For tips and best practices to help you navigate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I post a job in MustangJOBS?
- Visit calpoly.joinhandshake.com/login
- Sign in to Handshake, or choose the “Sign up for an Account” option
- Select the blue “+Post a Job” button
What if I forgot my MustangJOBS/Handshake password?
- Please click the following link to reset your password: https://calpoly.joinhandshake.com/password_resets/new
How do I re-list my job?
- Click on “Jobs” beneath the blue “+Post a Job” button, or in the left-hand navigation menu
- Select the job you would like to re-list, or choose “Expired” if you do not see the correct posting
- Click on the blue “Edit Job” button, or the “Edit” tab in the upper right-hand corner
- Select the “Schools” tab at the bottom of the screen
- Change the “Apply Start Date” and “Expiration Date” to reflect the new posting dates
- Then click on the green “Save Changes” button on the bottom right
How do I retrieve resumes if I asked students to submit them when applying to my job posting?
- Click on the job title, then select the blue “Review Applicants” button
- Check the box to the left of the students’ names
- Click on “Download Applicant Packages” above the list of students’ names
- Choose which documents you would like to download (Resume, Cover Letter, etc.)
- Click on the blue “Next” button
- Then click on the green “Confirm” button
- Click on the link that says “Click here to retrieve the file” to open the .pdf file (you will also receive an email containing a link to the file)
- You may also choose how you would like to receive resumes by using a setting in the job posting itself. On the “Preferences” tab of the job posting form, the default setting is “Email a summary of all applicants once my job posting expires.” If you would like to receive resumes as students apply, please check the box next to “Email every time a new student applies.”
How do I close a job when I’ve filled the position?
- Click on the title of the posting you would like to close
- Click on the blue “Expire Job” button toward the top of the screen, in the “Edit/Renew Job Details” section
What is the difference between an internship and a co-op?
- Usually 10-12 weeks during Summer Quarter, but winter internships and year-round internships are also sought by students
- Students do not receive academic credit unless they request it from their academic department
- Positions are paid, though compensation may range between competitive wages (75-80% of entry level) to stipends or room and board
- Unpaid internships are only advertised for government or not-for-profit organizations
Cooperative Education (Co-op)
- Typically one to two quarters in duration
- Students register and pay tuition fees
- Students receive academic credit
- Positions are paid, typically 80-85% of entry level salary
- Please call Melinda McCann at 805-756-2107 for all questions regarding co-ops.
How do I get additional help in posting my position?
- Please call the MustangJOBs information line at 805-756-5976.
How can I get assistance with my Employer Account?
- Contact Customer Support at email@example.com