Whether you’re exploring career options, considering graduate study, or applying for internship or full-time positions, this program has something for YOU.
The Career and Professional Development Certificate program is designed to equip students with important career decision-making and professional tools. One aspect of this process involves gaining a better understanding of personal interests, skills, and strengths and how they relate to your career plans. The other involves professionalism and making connections with industry experts and organizations.
Upon completion of the program, students will receive a Cal Poly padfolio (while supplies last) and a signed certificate that will add value to your resume. Please email Laura Hunkler if you have any questions.
Directions for completion of the certificate:
- Attend three workshops throughout the academic year. A full list of workshops can be found under the green “events” tab on the right.
- Create a resume and have it reviewed during our drop-in hours.
- Set up a LinkedIn and/OR Portfolium profile, including a photo. You can have your photo taken during drop-in hours. You will include your URL in the survey (below) upon completion of all requirements.
- Have a 1:1 appointment with a Career Counselor.
- Participate in one of the following activities:
- Fill out this brief survey upon completion of the program.
You do not need to sign up to participate in the Career and Professional Development Certificate Program. We recommend “favoriting” workshops and events you’ve attended using MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake so you can keep track of your progress. Simply follow the requirements and once you have completed all of them, fill out this survey. We will cross-reference survey results with our records to ensure completion of all requirements.