The Career and Professional Development Certificate
Whether you’re exploring career options, considering graduate study, or applying for internship or full-time positions, this program has something for YOU.
The Career and Professional Development Certificate program is designed to equip students with important career decision-making and professional tools. One aspect of this process involves gaining a better understanding of personal interests, skills, and strengths and how they relate to your career plans. The other involves professionalism and making connections with industry experts and organizations.
Upon completion of the program, students will receive a Cal Poly padfolio (while supplies last) and a signed certificate that will add value to your resume. Please email Travis Raynaud if you have any questions.
Directions for completion of the certificate:
- Attend three workshops throughout the academic year. A full list of workshops can be found under the "Events" tab on the upper-right navigation bar.
- Create a resume and have it reviewed during our drop-in hours.
- Create a profile on Cal Poly Career Connections.
- Have a 1:1 appointment with a Career Counselor.
- Participate in one of the following activities:
- Fill out this brief survey upon completion of the program.
You do not need to sign up to participate in the Career and Professional Development Certificate Program. We recommend “favoriting” workshops and events you’ve attended using MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake.