Come see us!
Meet your Career Counselor:
Meeting with your career counselor is a great way to receive guidance on a wide range of career-related topics such as: career exploration, changing majors, developing career plans, creating a resume, finding internships and full-time jobs, effective networking, developing graduate school plans, and making successful career transitions.
We offer both in-person and virtual career counseling appointments.
Students may select their preferred appointment medium when scheduling their appointment.
To make an appointment, log into MustangJOBS and click “Career Center” on the top-right of the screen and then select “Appointments” or call (805) 756-2501.
Scheduled appointments are your opportunity to meet individually with your Career Counselor and address your specific needs. Appointments range from 30 minutes to an hour, depending on the topic.
Scheduling an Appointment on Your Laptop
Scheduling an Appointment on Your iPhone
General Drop-In Hours
We offer virtual drop-in hours to support your immediate career needs. Our career advisors are on-hand to provide brief individual consultations on any career topic, ranging from resume review to job search or change of major guidance.
Virtual Drop-In: Zoom Room
Monday - Thursday
1:00 - 4:00pm
(first-come, first-served basis)
Who is your Career Counselor?
Freshman Focus Team
Career Counselors who specifically serve freshman students and understand their unique career development needs.
From left to right: Jade Moreno, M.A., Tommy Peterson, M.Ed., and Courtney Sabile Craig, M.S.
College Specialist Team
Career Counselors who specifically serve sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduate students, and alumni within each designated college.
From left to right:
- Tammy Martin, M.A., Senior Career Counselor for College of Engineering (supports all CENG majors except CSC, CPE, EE, and SE)
- Laura Hunkler, M.A., Career Counselor for College of Liberal Arts
- Jade Moreno, M.A., Career Counselor for College of Architecture and Environmental Design/Freshman Focus Team
- Travis Raynaud, M.A., Career Counselor for Orfalea College of Business
- Hannah Steen, M.Ed., Career Counselor for College of Agriculture, Food, and Environmental Sciences
Students in the College of Science and Mathematics and the CSC, CPE, EE, and SE majors can meet with a career counselor by scheduling via MustangJOBS (Handshake) or calling (805) 756-2501.
Who can meet with a Career Counselor?
- Enrolled Cal Poly Students
- Recent Alumni (within one year of graduation)
- Cal Poly Alumni (1 hour appointment per academic year)