Career Services offers several online resources which are available exclusively to the Cal Poly community, including students, alumni, faculty and staff.
Cal Poly Career Connections
Cal Poly Career Connections is an exclusive online networking and mentoring platform that connects you to Cal Poly's professional community. Alumni in the platform have chosen to be here for you - they want to help you as you explore your own career path. As a student, you can utilize Career Connections in a number of different ways:
- Reach out to alumni to get career-related advice
- Explore the profiles and career paths of Cal Poly alumni
- Browse the many resources and online tools available to you
- Join groups that match your career interests
Sign up today by clicking the Career Connections icon in the My Apps section of your portal.
Interested in starting a group on Career Connections? Learn how.
Portfolium is an electronic portfolio network of people showcasing their projects, skills, and experiences to employers, mentors, and peers. This network is designed for you to visually tell your academic and professional story with the work you've completed and the activities you're involved in. Click below for resources to get started now!
Learn how to use Portfolium, Cal Poly’s resource for digital portfolios (9:04):
Resources for Students, Alumni, and Staff
- Use this link to start your Portfolium (click on blue JOIN button in upper-right corner).
- Portfolium Tip Sheet: To help you quickly get started!
- Portfolium Checklist: Make sure your portfolio is complete by using this helpful list.
- Portfolium User Guides: Detailed information on your profile, settings, adding projects and more.
- Cal Poly Portfolium Contest: Check out these winning student portfolios!
- Cal Poly Portfolios: View projects of Mustangs in the Cal Poly network.
- Portfolium for career exploration: Search field(s) of interest.
Resources for Faculty
MustangJOBS provides Cal Poly students and alumni access to hundreds of jobs and internships, as well on-campus and local part-time positions. You can also submit your resume for on-campus interviews, RSVP for company networking sessions, and view career fair employers and positions through MustangJOBS. Current students, faculty and staff access MustangJOBS via the Single Click Links section of the Cal Poly Portal. Alumni can request a MustangJOBS account here.
BIG Interview can help prepare you to ace your next job interview through challenging virtual mock-interviews. The program also offers an interview answer builder and tutorials addressing all aspects of the interview process. Access here.
Inside GoinGlobal you will find extensive up-to-date content on international career topics such as: country-specific job search sources, work permit/visa regulations, international resume examples, cultural interviewing advice, and much more.
Access GoingGlobal through your MustangJOBS account. GoingGlobal and other online resources can be found by selecting "Resources" from the Career Center drop-down menu at the top of your MustangJOBS homepage.
Check out this interactive video to learn more about all that Goinglobal has to offer.
Take Self-Assessments based on your interests, personality, skills, and values through Focus-2 which will connect you to customized career and major possibilities. Watch this brief video to learn more.
LinkedIn is the world’s largest online professional network. It is an extremely useful career exploration, networking and job search tool for students. You can use it to learn about different careers, salaries, research companies, apply to jobs, connect with professionals, showcase your resume and projects, and more. Access LinkedIn here.