MustangJOBS, powered by Handshake, is Cal Poly's online job listing service. Over 25,000 on-campus, local part-time jobs, internships, and career positions are made available annually!
MustangJOBS offers features, including:
- An intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Personalized job and internship recommendations
- Access to opportunities including on-campus interviews, career fairs, university information tables, and information sessions
- The ability to schedule appointments with your career counselor
- A Resource Library that includes How To Quick Tips and exclusive Online Resources
Find information about canceling an interview, no-show policies, rescinding job offers and pressure from employers.
- Your MustangJOBS/Handshake profile privacy can be changed at any time by clicking on your name in the upper right-hand corner, and then choosing Settings & Privacy
- Visibility to Employers: Most employers are not currently able to view Cal Poly student profiles in MustangJOBS/Handshake (only Career Partners have access)
- Visibility to Other Students: If you wish to view other students’ profiles to learn how they frame their skills and experience, you must first set your profile to be visible to other students
- Please note that some profile components have their own privacy settings, such as GPA; This allows you to make your profile public while still keeping specific information private
- Each time you upload a resume or other document, you will have the option of whether to make it publicly visible or private
- Consider whether you wish to include personal information such as address and phone number when making documents public
- To brush up on privacy and security best practices, please visit Cal Poly’s Office of Information Security
MustangJOBS/Handshake for Cal Poly Alumni
- Cal Poly students can retain their MustangJOBS/Handshake accounts after graduation! Simply complete an Alumni Account Request. The process is free, and provides you with lifelong access.
- Cal Poly Alumni who have completed the alumni account request process can log in directly to MustangJOBS/Handshake here.
- We have many more services available to Cal Poly Alumni. Find out more here.