Wellness Technology can be loosely defined as the spectrum of wearables, apps, online tools and embedded systems designed to measure, track, motivate, and otherwise contribute to the wellness of individuals, and fueling the practitioners and businesses who support them.
- Wearable Technology Infographic by Vandrico
- Cal Poly Center for Health Research - Center for Solutions Through Research in Diet & Exercise
- PolyFit - A group of students who are passionate about health care and provide both students and the community with tests to measure personal health and strength.
- Biotechnology Club - educates members about the wide application of biotechnology in industrial, medical, and agricultural fields.
Programs and Courses
- BIO/CHEM 202: Orientation to Biotechnology - Introduction to the diversity of fields in biotechnology. Applications in agriculture, nutrition, medicine, and environmental problems. (Prerequisite: Completion of a course with a BIO, BOT or MCRO prefix and a course with a CHEM prefix.)
- IT 137: Electrical/Electronic Systems - Introduction to electrical and electronic circuit fundamentals. Essential information for technical managers regarding the universal law, theory, principles, application, and troubleshooting of AC and DC circuits and devices. Familiarity with concepts used extensively in manufacturing/ production and countless electronic products.
Example Job Titles
- Firmware Graphics Engineer
- Industrial Designer
- Program Manager, Field Testing
- Research Scientist
- Software Testing