Wednesday, January 24 & Thursday, January 25, 2018
Online registration begins November 29, 2017
Event location: Recreation Center, Building 43
Registration fees: $850 per table/day | non-profit fee: $300 per table/day
Don't miss your chance to attend the 2018 Winter Career Fair on January 24 and January 25, 2018. This is your opportunity to educate students about your company or organization, advertise positions and/or interview students and alumni of all majors for career, internship, and co-op positions. All employers must have open position(s) in order to attend. We hope you'll join us! List of Cal Poly Majors
Attending the Winter Career Fair? Check out the comprehensive checklist (.pdf) for ways to prepare for your visit!
Career Fair registration fee:
- Corporate (for-profit employers): $850 per table/day
- Non-profit (501(c)(3) required): $300 per table/day
Basic registration fee includes:
- One 6-foot rectangular table with linen
- Registration for three representatives
- Event advertising: The Career Fair will be advertised on campus electronic bulletin boards, in presentations to classes, in Mustang News ads, on distributed posters and flyers, and on the Cal Poly Career Services' website home page*
- Job posting: Opportunities are submitted to Career Services during the registration process and will be advertised on MustangJOBS four weeks before and two weeks after the Career Fair
- Day-of interviewing space provided at event table
- Breakfast and lunch - A light breakfast and lunch buffet will be served daily and is included with your registration fee. Please let us know if you have any food allergies or dietary restriction that we need to be aware when you register. We can only accommodate these requests if we know in advance.
- On-campus parking
- Shuttle service
- Extra representatives (limit five per table) - $35 each
- Extra table (additional tables are approved based on space availability): $850 per table/day
- 2017 Winter Career Fair Opt-In Resume Book: $150 per company/organization - The 2017 Winter Career Fair Opt-In Resume Book features resumes from Cal Poly students and alumni who are seeking internship and full-time opportunities and will connect you with additional Cal Poly students and alumni who may be strong candidates for your open positions. Our students will be given the option to provide their resume to our 2017 Winter Career Fair employers beginning Wednesday, January 10, 2018 with a final submission deadline of February 7, 2018. You will be granted access to Opt-In Resume Book for a period of seven (7) days after the event.
*Please note that any registrations submitted after December 22, 2017 are not guaranteed publicity in event advertising and collateral.
The Career Fair will be advertised on the campus electronic bulletin boards, in presentations to classes, posters, fliers, ads in Mustang News (our campus newspaper), and on the Cal Poly Home Page. All job opportunities submitted to us during the registration process will be advertised to students in the ever-popular MustangJOBS.
Additional Publicity/Event Advertising
If you would like additional publicity, please advertise your organization’s attendance at this special event by calling the Mustang News directly at (805) 756-1143 for display ads. This widely read publication produces an “event issue" in conjunction with each of Career Services’ Career Fairs.
8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Check-in, display set-up, and breakfast
9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Networking with students (Increased networking time!)
12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Employer luncheon (Career Fair will remain open)
2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Student interviews - Candidates selected by employers during networking*
*Employers will have the option of creating your own interview schedule and conducting interviews at your event table from 2:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. You may reserve interview space for the day-of the career fair on your registration form. Please use our blank interview sheet (available at the career fair) with schedules for 30-minute interviews slots to schedule students you have an interest in.
Display Set Up Guidelines
The event will be held in the Recreation Center, Building 46. A small table sign will be provided but companies are encouraged to bring a means of identifying your organization to students. Please do not re-arrange your table(s), occupy an adjacent vacant table, or move to another location without Career Services staff approval.
6' Rectangle Table
Space is extremely limited between tables, so in consideration of your neighbors, please limit display size to 6-foot tabletop or 7-foot freestanding. Your display needs to fit within the space provided by the table you will have at the event.
You will be provided access to electrical power, but you must bring your own 25-50 foot power cord, audio visual, and computer equipment if it is needed for your display.
The Recreation Center is a wireless internet zone and connectivity is available but not guaranteed. If you require a dedicated connection we recommend bringing a hotspot device.
Before the Career Fair
Participating employers may choose to ship displays and supplies before the career fair. We will deliver your materials to your table at the career fair. All displays and materials must be clearly marked with Winter Career Fair, January 24 and/or 25, 2018, company name, and the total number of boxes you are shipping. If you are planning to ship before the career fair, please follow these instructions:
- Displays and supplies must arrive January 15 - January 22, 2018. We will not be accepting materials before January 22, 2017 due to limited space. We can not guarantee delivery of your materials to your table if they arrive after January 24, 2017.
- Mark your packages clearly with the name of your organization, the career fair name, and the total number of boxes you are shipping.
- Send career fair materials, displays, etc., to :
Winter Career Fair
California Polytechnic State University
1 Grand Avenue
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0122
All displays and materials must be clearly marked with the following:
- Your company name
- Total number of boxes your are shipping (i.e. 1 of 3)
We will use the information you mark on the outside of your package to ensure that it gets to the correct table.
Shipping Instructions after the Career Fair
If you wish to ship your career fair materials and displays via UPS or Fed-Ex , after the career fair, please follow these steps:
- Complete all of your shipping forms in advance. All packages must have a complete pre-printed shipping label along with your company’s account number.
- Attach the completed shipping forms to your display cases, boxes, etc.
- After the career fair, your representatives should deliver your display cases, boxes of materials, etc. to the Recreation Center Loading Dock for your shipping provider to pick up by 4:00 p.m.
We are sorry that no other carriers will be available for pick-up and we will not be responsible for shipping or holding displays with other shipping services.
If you do not ship your materials in advance:
You may bring your materials and supplies with you to the career fair. All participants must park in the H-1 parking lot upon entering the campus. Parking and loading/unloading is prohibited in front of the Recreation Center. All materials and supplies brought with you on the day of the event must be transported on the shuttle. There will be students in the H-1 parking lot and at the Recreation Center to assist you with the loading and unloading.
Cal Poly Career Services assumes no responsibility for damaged or undelivered parcels. We will make every effort to deliver your materials to your table, however we cannot be held responsible for undelivered items, damaged containers, or any other issues which may arise in the shipping of your materials to the career fair. In choosing to ship your materials, you must agree to the above terms.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to parking lot closures on Cal Poly's campus, parking instructions will vary from previous years.
All participants must park in the H-1 parking lot upon entering the campus. All materials and supplies brought with you on the day of the event must be transported on the shuttle. Parking and loading/unloading is prohibited in front of the Recreation Center.
The H-1 parking lot indicated on the campus map is reserved for participants. Campus permits will be required and will be issued by University Police Officials at the H-1 parking lot between the hours of 7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Directions to H-1 Parking Lot
It is suggested to enter campus at Highland Drive.To enter campus at Highland Drive, take the Highway 1 exit from the 101 Freeway. Head North toward Morro Bay.Highland Drive is an intersection with a signal and is clearly marked as the entrance to Cal Poly.
If you have entered campus on Highland Drive, follow the directions below:
- Turn left on Mt. Bishop Road
- The parking lot will be on your left
If you have entered campus on Grand Avenue, follow the directions below:
- Head straight down Grand Avenue
- Turn right on North Perimeter Road
- Turn right on University Drive
- Turn left on Highland Drive
- Turn right on Mt. Bishop Road
- The parking lot will be on your left
There will be signs to direct and assist you. CSOs will be standing at the H-1 parking lot to distribute parking permits.
All materials and supplies brought with you on the day of the event must be transported on the shuttle. Parking and loading/unloading is prohibited in front of the Recreation Center.
Shuttle and Transportation Service
Shuttle service will be provided for you and your materials and supplies during the following times:
|7:45 a.m.- 10:30 a.m.||Shuttle service available to Recreation Center||H-1 parking lot|
|12:00 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.||Shuttle service available to/from H-1 parking lot||Recreation Center|
Career Services does not make hotel arrangements or set aside blocks of rooms for events, but many of the hotels nearby will give you a better rate by calling the hotel directly and asking for the “Cal Poly Rate”. Hotels in Pismo Beach, Avila Beach or Morro Bay are a nice option if you would like to stay oceanside-about 20 minutes from campus.
Travel information: Travel information may be found at https://viewbook.calpoly.edu/visit/
Getting Around Information: Directions and getting around Cal Poly may found at https://maps.calpoly.edu/
Hotel and restaurant information: San Luis Obispo hotels and restaurants may be found at http://visitslo.com/
Interview Option 1 - Interviews will be held at the Career Fair
Interview candidates at the Career Fair from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at your event table. All reservations requests are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and may be requested during career fair registration.
- Create your own schedule at the Career Fair.
- Please use our document (available at the fair) with schedules for 30- minute interview slots to schedule students you have an interest in.
- After the career fair, you may give your completed interview form(s) to a Career Services staff member or email form(s) to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- You may also request interview scheduling forms when you arrive at the career fair.
Interview Option 2 - Interviews will be held the day after the Career Fair on Friday, January 26, 2017 in the Julian A. McPhee University Union Room 220-Building 65 beginning at 8:30 a.m. and concluding by 2:00 p.m.
All room reservation requests are processed on a first-come, first-served basis and subject to capacity. Melinda McCann and/or Soukita Thipsouvanh will follow-up with representatives at the Career Fair.
- Create your own schedule at the career fair.
- Please use our document (available at the fair) with schedules for 20-, 30-, 45-, and 60-minute interview slots to schedule your students.
- After the fair, you may give your completed interview form(s) to a Career Services staff member or email interview form(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may also request interview scheduling forms when you arrive at the career fair.
- Driving/parking directions to the Julian A. McPhee University Union, Room 220-Building 65 may be found at: https://maps.calpoly.edu/
Soukita Thipsouvanh or Melinda McCann will follow-up with representatives at the Career Fair.
Interview Option 3 - Interviews will be held later in Winter Quarter through our On Campus Interview Program
Would you like to interview candidates you meet at the Career Fair later in winter quarter through our on campus interview program?
Reserve interview space through our on campus interview program today. Reservations for winter recruiting fill quickly. Please plan to hold interviews on campus soon after a career fair and be sure to review the recruiting calendar to plan when you will set-up your interview schedule. This option offers you the convenience of using our private interview rooms while allowing students to stay on campus. Login to Handshake and request your interview schedule today for our winter quarter, which will run January 23-March 3, 2017. Complete information can be found here: On Campus Interview Program
For more information, please contact Employer Relations and Recruiting Coordinator: Melinda McCann at email@example.com or 805-756-2107.
Cancellation, Refund and Non-Payment Policy
In the event that a company chooses to withdrawal completely from the career fair, the following refund will apply. Once you have been notified that your registration has been approved, our cancellation policy is in effect. Please submit all cancellation requests via email to the Cal Poly Career Services Events Teams at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Cancellation requests received two weeks before the event will received a full refund and subject to a $100.00 cancellation fee. No refunds will be issued for any cancellations received less than two weeks before the event.|
|Employers with outstanding fees will be invoiced by Career Services. We will attempt to collect your outstanding balance three times before handing it over to the University Collector for collection. Failure to respond to the final third notice will result in the outstanding balance being sent to a collection agency. Organizations will be held liable for all associated collection agency fees.|
|Organizations whose account is not paid in full will be required to pay for all past outstanding fees and pre-pay for the current fair they wish to attend. Employers with any outstanding fees will not be permitted to attend the fair until their account is paid in full.|
No Show Policy
Organizations that do not check-in by 10:30 a.m. on the day of the event will be considered a “no show." The table may be reassigned and the organization will be billed for the event. We cannot “roll over” the registration to another event or refund the fee.
Career Services is committed to equal employment opportunity for all persons and provides services to our students and employers on a nondiscriminatory basis. If you need a disability-related accommodation or wheelchair access information, please contact: Soukita Thipsouvanh, Senior Event Planner at 805-756-6094 or email: email@example.com or Luis Lopez, Administrative Support Coordinator at 805-756-5915 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests can be served more effectively if notice is provided at least 10 days before the event.