Is your Cal Poly department or organization planning an event that fosters diversity and inclusion on campus? The Diversity Funding Committee (DFC) was established by Career Services and campus collaborators, with support from the Career Partners Program, to provide funding to foster diversity and inclusion among faculty, staff and students at Cal Poly.
Spring 2017 Diversity Funding Committee Recipients
- Gender Equity Center to support OWN: Original Women's Narratives on April 28, 2017
- Muslim Student Association to support Islamophobia: A Threat to All on April 29, 2017
- Asian and Pacific Islander Faculty and Staff Association to support Spring Social on April 29, 2017
- Multicultural Business Program to support Leadership Beyond the Resume on May 12, 2017
- American Indian and Indigenous Faculty and Staff Association to support Cultural Commencement on June 9, 2017
- Black Faculty and Staff Association to Support Black Legacy Weekend on July 28-30, 2017
- Undocumented Student Working Group to support First Annual Undocu-Week on September 18-22, 2017
- Chicana Latino Faculty and Staff Association to support Annual Convocation on October 4, 2017
- Disability Resource Center to support Ability Exhibit at Kennedy Library on October 11-13, 2017
- Cal Poly Cares to support ongoing initiatives
If you have questions about the funding application or selection process, please e-mail email@example.com or call Ashley Eberle (Chair, Diversity Funding Committee) at 805-756-5962.
What is the Diversity Funding Committee?
The Diversity Funding Committee was established by Career Services and campus collaborators, with support from the Career Partners Program, in response to the need of fostering campus diversity and inclusion among our faculty, staff, and students at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. Guided by Cal Poly's Statements on Diversity and Commitment to Community, the DFC shall work together to allocate funding to Cal Poly's campus community to increase understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Diversity is the understanding that each individual is unique and recognizing there are a range of human differences in experiences, identities and world views. These differences include, but are not limited to, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, socio-economic status, physical and mental abilities or attributes, religious or ethical values systems, and national origin.
How Do I Qualify?
All funding requests must:
- Be requested by a university department or by a university-sponsored student, staff, or faculty organization
- Support a campus or community event that increases understanding of and/or appreciation for diversity and inclusion
- Support events that will occur by October 31, 2017
The DFC will carefully review all funding requests based on the information provided in this application. Preference will be given to funding requests that demonstrate:
- A unique or urgent need for funding
- High potential impact for increasing understanding of and/or appreciation for diversity and inclusion among the campus community
- A direct student impact
What Are The Guidelines?
The DFC cannot provide funding to events that:
- Are not consistent with California State University policies and state and federal laws
- Directly support or oppose any candidate for public office, whether partisan or not, or to support or oppose any issue before the voters as required by California Education Code Title V, Section 42403
- Will serve alcohol or drugs (including marijuana)
What Does the Application Process Look Like?
- Funding applications are due by April 14, 2017 at 4 p.m.
- The DFC will respond to all funding requests by May 12, 2017.
- The DFC will disburse funding into recipients' accounts by June 1, 2017.
- All funded events must occur by October 31, 2017. If funding recipients cancel their event, they must return funding to the DFC to be reallocated to other departments/organizations.
- Funding recipients must submit the Event Summary Sheet to the DFC two (2) weeks after their event. The DFC will e-mail the Event Summary Sheets to recipients with their funding decisions in May 2017.