Whether you’re exploring career options, considering graduate study, or applying for internship or full-time positions, this program has something for YOU.
The Career and Professional Development Certificate program is designed to equip students with important career decision-making and professional tools. One aspect of this process involves gaining a better understanding of personal interests, skills, and strengths and how they relate to your career plans. The other involves professionalism and making connections with industry experts and organizations.
Upon completion of the program, students will receive a Cal Poly padfolio (while supplies last) and a signed certificate that will add value to your resume. Please email Laura Hunkler if you have any questions.
You have a full calendar year to complete these requirements:
- Attend a workshop and/or event, in each of the four categories:
- Discover: Clarify Your Major & Explore Careers
- Brand: Networking, Professional Brand & Materials
- Engage: Internship, Job & Graduate School Search
- Connect: Meet Industry Professionals
Note: To find workshops and events within each of the four categories, please see the Career Services Events Calendar. Look for the category names (i.e. Discover, Brand, Engage, Connect) before the workshop/event title.
- Create a resume and have it reviewed at Career Services during FasTrak or Drop-In Hours
- Have a 1:1 hour (non-resume) appointment with a Career Counselor
- Attend an on-campus event or presentation that supports your career exploration and planning. Such presentations are typically hosted by a college/department, major specific classes, or student clubs and centers. For example: Law School Admissions panel, Sustainable Ag Lecture Series, Tech Talks, Executive in Residence roundtables, etc.)
- Fill out this brief survey upon completion of the program – including which workshops and events you attended. To help you remember what you’ve completed/attended, Career Services strongly encourages you to track the workshops and events you’ve participated in by utilizing the checklist in MustangJobs. The checklist can be found on the left column under Plan > Planning > Career and Professional Development Certificate Checklist.
You do not need to sign up to participate in the Career and Professional Development Certificate Program. Simply follow the requirements and once you have completed all of them, fill out this survey. We will cross-reference survey results with our records to ensure completion of all requirements.