For Faculty & Staff
Career Services is interested in collaborating with Cal Poly faculty and staff to empower students to succeed in both their academic disciplines and their career endeavors.
Please consider the following collaborative opportunities:
- Refer students to Career Services for assistance in exploring majors and careers that are right for them
- Attend Career Fairs to connect with employers
- Co-host career events to benefit your students
- Request a presentation by completing this request form or contacting the College Specialist career counselor for your college.
- Invite employers and students to utilize our interview rooms for in person or telephone interviews
Professional Clothing Closet
Many students struggle to afford professional clothing for career fairs, interviews, and the first week of work. The first impression that a student makes can significantly impact their chances of success!
During Fall 2016, Career Services will offer a clothing closet to provide professional clothes to any student in need.
Career Services requests the help of Cal Poly’s faculty and staff in donating dress shirts, men’s and women’s suits, dress skirts, blazers, belts, ties, and shoes.
Between now and the end of August, faculty and staff can help by:
- Cleaning out unwanted new or clean, gently used clothing from closets
- Bringing donations to Career Services, Bldg. 124 (metered and 30 minute staff parking nearby)
Donations will be made available to students in need during our Professional Clothing Closet event, to be held on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 in the Career Services Department, in Building 124.
We invite you to contact our staff. Please call us anytime at 805-756-2501.