Recruiting Timelines & Procedures For Co-op, Summer Jobs & Internships
Recruiting for Co-op takes place one quarter prior to the work assignment (i.e., recruit for Spring/Summer positions during Winter Quarter). Hiring decisions should be made early enough for students to make arrangements for relocating; no later than the last week of classes for each quarter, if possible.
Summer Jobs and Internships
Recruiting begins as early as Fall Quarter, although the majority of positions are publicized (and the majority of students are actively job hunting) during Winter and Spring Quarters. Seasonal and year-round positions may be posted at any time.
Career Services provides the following options to simplify recruiting for Co-ops, Summer Jobs and Internships—all available to you through our online system, MustangJOBS.
- Job Listings allow you to post Co-op, Summer and Internship job descriptions and solicit resumes and other application materials. Job listings may be posted year-round. Located under “jobs” in the MustangJOBS menu bar. This is a free service.
- On-Campus Interviews are scheduled and coordinated through MustangJOBS during Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters. We offer both Open interview sign-ups (first-come/first-served for qualified students) and Pre-Select interview sign-ups (which allow employers to review resumes and select students for interviews). Located under “on-campus recruiting (OCR)” in the MustangJOBS menu bar. This is a free service.
- Company Networking Sessions are frequently scheduled to coincide with on-campus interviews. They offer an informal opportunity for recruiters to meet with students, provide general information and answer questions. Located under “events” in the MustangJOBS menu bar. Set-up fee and charges for any catering or audiovisual services.
- Career Fairs are held during Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters. Located under “events” in the MustangJOBS menu bar. Registration fees required.
- Resume Books allow you to search through the resume database by major, class level, graduation date, and key words. Located under “resume books” in the MustangJOBS menu bar. This is a free service.
If you have not already registered to use MustangJOBS, it’s easy…just go to the login screen, click on the Register tab, enter the required data, and click on the Submit button. You will receive an email containing your MustangJOBS password within one working day. Once you have received this password, return to the login screen and login using your email address and password. Comprehensive help is available on each MustangJOBS screen (click on ?help).