Career Services is committed to assessing student learning. The Career Services Assessment Plan (Outcome Based Assessment Plan) supports the Cal Poly Mission Statement, University Learning Objectives, and Student Affairs Strategic Planning Objectives. This includes the Career Services Mission Statement, Methodology, Outcome Types, Goals and Objectives, Implementation Plan and Programming for 2008-09.
The Career Services Assessment Plan supports the goals of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and Access to Excellence (ATE) and demonstrates to the public and educational community our commitment to student learning and that services exceed acceptable standards of quality.
Career Services has assessed student learning as it relates to resume skill development, career development (personality types), and pre-career training (Co-op/Internship learning).
- Student Development Report 2010 - .pdf
- Resume Skill Development Report 2007 - .pdf
- Career Development – Personality Types Report 2007 - .pdf
- Co-op/Internship Student Learning Outcome Report 2005-07 - .pdf
Career Services assesses the quality of Cal Poly graduates through employer surveying. This assessment methodology has been expanded to include student learning outcomes aligned with accreditation standards. The following work was completed in an effort to promote program evaluation, review and change. It was also designed to support accreditation standards and secure direct employer feedback to strengthen the academic programs.
College of Engineering
- CENG: Quality of Graduates & Program Outcomes 2008-09 - .pdf
- CENG: Quality of Graduates & Program Outcomes 2006-07 - .pdf
College of Business
- OCOB: Employer Survey Preliminary Report 2009 - Industrial Technology - .pdf
- OCOB: Quality of Graduates & Student Learning Outcomes 2008-09 - .pdf
- OCOB: Quality of Graduates & Student Learning Outcomes 2005-07 - .pdf
College of Architecture & Environmental Design
College of Agriculture
- Natural Resource Management: Employer Survey 2009 (Phase II) - .pdf
- Natural Resource Management: Employer Survey 2008 (Phase 1) - .pdf
Natural Resource Management: Student Survey 2011 (Phase III) - .pdf
College of Liberal Arts
- Graphic Communications: Employer Survey 2010 (Phase II) - .pdf
- Graphic Communications: Employer Survey 2008 (Phase I) - .pdf
Career Services has also worked with Academic Programs and the GE Curriculum Committee in assessing learning outcomes related to communication/writing, life-long learning, problem solving and diversity. An Aggregate Employer Assessment Report was compiled based upon collaborative work with the Colleges of Engineering, Business, Education and Architecture & Environmental Design.