Student Learning Outcomes & Assesment
Student Learning Outcomes
Career Services is committed to the following student learning outcomes:
- Career Counseling: Choosing a Major - Ability to select an appropriate major based on utilization of the counseling process, assessment tools, career resources and/or internet sources.
- Career Counseling: Choosing a Career Plan - Ability to identify career options and follow through with career decisions based on utilization of the counseling process, assessment tools, books, resources and other internet sources.
- Resume Preparation - Ability to prepare an effective resume.
- Interview Skill Development - Ability to prepare for the interview process, and implementing tips and strategies for successful interviewing.
- Job Search Exploration - Ability to identify and utilize job resources: Mustang JOBS, career fairs, on-campus recruiting, networking sessions, career/co-op/internship/summer jobs, Career Resource Center, and on-line resources.
- Graduate School Exploration - Ability to identify graduate school opportunities and follow through with decisions regarding the application process: personal statements, letters of recommendation, CV and admission tests.
- Career Exploration through Experiential Learning - Students acquire technical and professional skills through co-op, internships and/or summer employment.
- Student Development - Assist and train graduate students grow in their development as student services professionals.
- Outcome Based Assessment - Support program review and outcome based assessments on student learning within Career Services and in collaboration with the academic colleges.
Career Services is committed to assessment planning. An Assessment Plan is developed based on an annual review of the mission statement and review of the programs, services, events and activities sponsored by Career Services. From this evaluation, programming is developed for the new academic year. This is done in an open forum in which staff are encouraged to brainstorm, explore and be creative, resulting in building consensus, buy-in and teamwork.
Through employer surveying, Career Services assesses the quality of graduates and student learning outcomes that are aligned with accreditation standards. Employer surveying provides important data and feedback on the quality of our graduates and academic programs, resulting in program review, curriculum development and program enhancements. Through student surveying, important data and feedback is secured on the quality of our services and counseling appointments, strengthening our programs and services to students.
For a review of our assessment efforts, click on the following: Assessment